Online CPD enables you to complete your CPD requirements anywhere, anytime!
Online CPD - what is it?
Online CPD courses are short, online learning programmes that you can complete on the go. There are no app’s to download, all you need is a computer, tablet or smart phone device that is connected to the internet.
Online CPD courses cover a range of topics across different practice areas. The courses on offer will continue to grow and expand as we have more available to release.
Online CPD packages
Introducing a selection of your favourite modules, bundled together at a discounted rate. Click here to make your selection from our pre-made packages, or make your own!
Packages include Online CPD modules & electronic booklets.
* All packages require a 2 business day turn-around and will be unavailable for sale from 5pm 29 March 2019. Instant access modules will be available for sale.
What do you get?
An Online CPD module includes:
- Access to the interactive Online CPD course
- An electronic copy of the PowerPoint presentation used
- An electronic copy of the booklet
- An electronic certificate of completion
How to use Online CPD
Using Online CPD is easy, simply log into our website using your NZLS CLE username and password, then purchase an Online CPD course as you would for any other registration or book order.
Once you’ve completed your purchase, your Online CPD course will be available immediately (not including packages) via MyCPD. To access your Online CPD course straight away, go to: My CPD > Online CPD.
- Choose the course that you’ve purchased which you’d like to start – don’t worry if you don’t have the time to complete the course in one go, the innovative Online CPD system will be able to pick up where you left off.
- You will see an overview of the module along with additional resources like PowerPoint slides and the PDF book
- Press the button under the course module heading to begin
- Press the "start module" button - then your course will open in a new window
- Watch each of the videos and then answer the questions that follow.
- Press ‘play’ to watch the videos (or listen to the audio clip) in the Online CPD course,
- The questions are either multi choice or True/False statements. Click in the box for the answer/s you think are correct
- Note, some questions may have more than one correct answer - the instruction for each question will tell you what to do.
- Work your way through the Online CPD course by watching each video and correctly answering the questions that follow.
- Once you’ve successfully completed all of the sections, the Online CPD course will end and you can close the pop up window.
- You will be able to download a certificate of completion at the bottom of the screen (see button in screen shot above) Keep this certificate with your CPD records. You will also be emailed a copy of your certificate.
- After you've finished the course, you can revisit any part of it as many times as you like simply by logging back in.
Frequently asked questions about Online CPD
- Do Online CPD courses count towards my CPD points?
Absolutely! Online CPD courses meet the NZLS requirements for eligible CPD activities.
- Do I need to be on my computer?
No, you can access your Online CPD from any tablet, smartphone or computer with an internet connection.
- Do I need to have sound?
Yes, you must either be using speakers or headphones in order to hear the video presentation.
- Do I have to do the course in one go?
No, you can exit and come back to complete the rest of the course later.
- Is my Online CPD recorded at NZLS CLE?
As soon as you’ve purchased a course, it is recorded in ‘My CPD’.
- How do I get my Online CPD courses verified?
When you complete an Online CPD course, you will be issued with an electronic certificate of completion to download from the Online CPD system. Your certificate will be available to download for three years from the date it was completed. You will also be emailed a certificate of completion
- Can I re-visit an Online CPD course or use it as an archived source of information?
Yes, you can re-visit any part of the course as many times as you want after you’ve completed the course.