What is a webinar? l How it works l CPD points for webinars l How do I attend a webinar?
Benefits of webinars l What do I need to view a webinar? l I am interested but I can't 'attend' on the day l View webinar schedule
What is a webinar?
A webinar is an educational presentation which you receive through your computer at your own desk or at home. Registration and attendance at a live webinar is eligible for CPD points.
How it works
- You will see and hear the presenter/s and view the PowerPoint Slides.
- You can listen through either speakers or headphones plugged into your computer.
- During the presentation, you can type questions that you would like the presenters to answer. The presenters will endeavour to answer as many questions during the live webinar as time permits. You also have the opportunity to send questions to the presenters in advance.
- You will receive a background booklet about the topic being presented. Please note that if you register less than seven days in advance of the live webinar, your background booklet may not arrive in time.
- You can also access a recording of the presentation after it has been held, enabling you to view the webinar as many times as you like.
CPD points for webinars
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
How do I attend a webinar?
Register and pay with NZLS CLE Ltd - either online or using the registration form in the brochure.Please note that registration will close at 3pm the day before the webinar and registrations are limited to 1000 per webinar.
- You will be sent a registration confirmation and tax invoice.
- You will be sent an email giving you a link to the webinar and a background booklet.
- You will be able to send questions in advance for the presenter, using the link in an email you will be sent before the live webinar date. There will be further opportunity for you to ask questions during the presentation by typing them into the questions area. (The moderator will explain how to do this on the day)
- You will be sent reminder emails one day and one hour before the live webinar presentation.
- About 10 minutes before the scheduled start of the live webinar, go to the original or reminder emails and click on the link. Doing so before the scheduled start time will enable you to use the online help to connect to the webinar if it does not succeed readily at the initial attempt.
What do I need to do to view a webinar?
To participate in the webinar you will need:
- A broadband connection
- Headphones to plug into your computer or external speakers
- Up to date operating system and web browser - View detailed system requirements
- For help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 333 111
Read more information about webinar system requirements.
Test your system
If you have a dial-up internet connection or use an operating system other than those outlined above, you will be unable to view the live webinar. You can, however, purchase the archived webinar package. This includes an archived recording of the webinar including questions and answers, a copy of the PowerPoint slides used in the webinar and the webinar booklet.
If you are still not sure if you have the right technology, please feel free to contact us to arrange for a free trial webinar. You can also contact Go to Webinar support directly.
Benefits of webinars
It's all about convenience and keeping up-to-date.
- Short presentations from nationally recognised presenters who would otherwise not be available to you.
- No travel costs.
- You can access them from your own computer either when they are scheduled to present or at a later time if need be.
- If you join the live webinar you can ask questions of the presenters.
- You will receive both a short background booklet and PowerPoint slides setting out the main points of the presentation.
- Latest training at an affordable price.
I am interested but I can't 'attend' on the day
Not a problem! All webinar presentations are sold as packages after the live webinar. Each package includes:
- Access to the archived presentation when it suits you;
- Access to the PowerPoint slides; &
- The webinar booklet.
The only difference between the webinar and the webinar package is those who purchase the package cannot ask questions of the presenter. However, the archived recording contains all the questions that were answered during the live presentation. Note: Archived webinar presentations are not eligible for CPD points.