After more than 20 years as an arm of the New Zealand Law Society, in 2008 Continuing Legal Education became NZLS CLE Ltd. The new company is wholly owned by the New Zealand Law Society, and the Society's board appoints the directors of NZLS CLE Ltd.
Vision and Purpose
Our vision - To be the pre-eminent provider of continuing legal education in New Zealand.
Our purpose - To provide professional development for lawyers by offering them a high quality, affordable CLE service.
- something for everyone - a range of courses across all practice areas, catering, in particular, for needs and interests not generally catered for by commercial providers
- a wide range of different formats depending on the needs of the target group or the nature of the subject material - so we provide:
- one-day intensives focused on areas of special interest
- small-group, skills-based workshops
- introductory courses for new practitioners
- in-house training packages for firms, and
- two-day conferences
- live web streams of intensives, forums, conferences & In Short seminars
- online CPD - learning on demand
- as many courses in the smaller centres as is practicable
- top quality background materials containing the very latest developments in the given field of law
- presentations based on sound educational principles - notably the opportunity to apply the principles to realistic case study situations because this is the basis of any effective education.
And above all...
Presenters who are among the best experienced and most knowledgeable in the profession - where presenters come from outside the profession, then they will be drawn from amongst the best possible available.
Return to top
CLE Board and advisers
NZLS CLE Ltd is governed by a voluntary board of directors and advisers.
- Tim Mullins (Chair), LeeSalmonLong, Auckland
- Dr Allan Cooke, Barrister, Auckland
- Dick Edwards, Consultant, Wellington
- Peter Fanning, Tompkins Wake, Hamilton
- Bob Hollyman KC, Barrister, Auckland
- Katie Rusbatch, NZLS
Advisers to the board:
- Hon Justice Brendan Brown, Court of Appeal
- Her Hon Judge Barbara Morris, District Court
- Associate Judge Skelton, High Court
- Paul Rishworth KC, Britomart Chambers
- Hellen Papadopoulos - Chief Executive
- Brad Thompson - Business Development Manager
- Sarah Loftus - Senior Course Manager
- Diane Barraclough - Course Manager
- Kylie Barton - Course Manager
- Jan Crafts - Course Manager
- Charlotte Kerrigan - Course Manager
- Tereza Scully - Course Manager
- Swati Jaiswal - Course Administrator
- Naia Pese - Course Administrator
- Jack Stonyer - Course Administrator
Please click here to contact NZLS CLE Ltd.