Online CPD Module l Booklet l PowerPoint Presentation
Package Fee (incl GST)
- $91 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $121 - Non-members
Note: Access to the online files is via your "My CPD" page. If you would like to purchase multiple packages, please contact us here.
Online CPD Module
Presentation time: 60 minutes
The construction industry is facing many issues at present along with recent amendments to the Building Act and the proposed amendments to the Construction Contracts Act.
This module will give you an overview of the implications of these developments and consider how you can provide your client with practical and robust advice in the construction environment.
Key features of commonly used standard form construction contracts and tips for drafting and review of residential construction contracts under the new legislation will be covered, as well as options for the resolution of disputes.
New requirements for residential construction contracts:
- Why have these changes come about?
- Features of commonly used standard form construction contract.
- Consumer protections in the Building Amendment Act 2013 – an overview
- What are the implications?
Act – the adjudication process
- Overview of options for disputes – what to do when a client comes to you with a problem
- Amendments to the Construction Contracts
After this module you will have:
- An overview of the issues to look for at the start, during and post construction process.
- A better understanding of key features of commonly used construction contracts, in both commercial and residential transactions.
Please contact us if you use a dial up internet connection.
Authors: Marie Harrison, Trina Lincoln
Published: 21 April 2015
There is no introduction for this publication
These are the slides included in the presentation.
Number of Slides: 42