If you can access a CLE webinar, you should be able to access this... and we will do everything we can to help you.
Live web streaming enables you to participate in a CLE event from your computer. We broadcast a live video feed and PowerPoint presentation via the internet, directly to you. You can ask questions of the presenters and chat with fellow attendees.
Check live stream broadcast system status
What do I need to do to be able to watch a Live Web Stream?
If you can watch a video on YouTube, or have watched one of our webinars before, then you should be able to participate in the live Web Stream. We are using a technology from a provider called LiveStream - You can test your ability to watch a LiveStream event, by watching a current live presentation on the LiveStream website: http://new.livestream.com/watch
You will need:
- Internet connection
We recommend a wired connection with a download bandwidth of at least 700Kbps (0.7Mbps). To test your internet speed, go to www.speedtest.net. Bandwidth fluctuates constantly (especially on WiFi and mobile internet), so running 3 tests is recommended.
- Web browser
We recommend that when viewing you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as a browser - check that the version you are using is up to date. If you are using Internet Explorer, version 11 only - click here for more information about browsers
- Headphones or speakers
We recommend headphones or external speakers if you are watching on a laptop/computer or tablet (not the internal laptop speakers, these often don't produce enough sound).
- System Requirements
Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
For complete information regarding system requirements, please visit the Livestream support site here
- Hearing an echo – this means you have the stream open twice – close your other tab or browser.
- Stream keeps stopping – Hover over the bottom right of the live stream player and click the toggle to reduce the quality of the stream. Also, try pausing for a few moments and playing again.
- Sound is too quiet – make sure you are using headphones or external speakers. Check your sound on your computer is turned up. Also, hover over the bottom left of the live stream player, check the sound is turned up here too.
Because the live web stream allows you to ask questions via live chat & email, it is CPD compliant (just like a webinar). At the conference, if you have asked a question it will be read out by a CLE staff member on your behalf. After the conference, you will be sent a certificate of attendance for your CPD record.
Registering to attend a Live Web Stream
To attend a live web stream, you will need to register either online, or by posting/emailing the course brochure to us.
About 1 week before the event, you will be sent:
- An 'admission ticket' and Tax Invoice
- A copy of the course materials
- A link (by email) to enable you to access the live web stream
- Instructions (by email) on how watch and participate in the live web stream.
After the event, you will be sent by email:
- An evaluation form
- A certificate of attendance for your CPD records.
I'm interested, but I'm not sure I have the right setup?
If you're not sure if you'll be able to view a live web stream, please phone us on 0800 333 111. We're more than happy to help!
Support on the day
Just like our webinars, if you experience any difficulty viewing the live web stream on the day, we have CLE staff members available to help. Please phone 0800 333 111 if you have any questions.