Registrations open soon - Would you like to be notified when registrations open?
Familiarity with financial documents is important for any practitioner dealing with:
- Estate planning
- Relationship property
- Sale and purchase of a business
- Civil litigation
- Nominee companies, business and finance law
While it is not necessary for you as a lawyer to have the financial insight that might be expected of an accountant, you should know how financial statements are put together and how to:
- Interpret the figures
- Use the figures in financial statements to assess the “health” of a business
- Ask the right questions and identify warning signs
- Discuss financial statements intelligently with a client
- Know when to call in specialist assistance and be able to communicate effectively with the specialist.
This workshop will enable you to unlock the mysteries of financial documents. You will gain an insight into the world of accounting, making you more effective and confident when providing guidance to your clients on financial matters.
You will consider:
- How to classify and record transactions
- How transactions “flow” into financial statements
- What the financial statements should look like after you have recorded the transaction
- How to use the accounts to property analyse the performance of a business
- How financial statements are related to the value of a business.
Presenter: Lloyd Austin
||4 - 5 November
||6 - 7 November
||11 - 12 November
||13 - 14 November