This webinar is an updated version of the popular and very well received presentation on the topic by the same speakers that was offered as an Auckland In Short Seminar in March 2019 and addresses warranties in a business context.
This presentation will discuss representations, warranties and covenants in Sale and Purchase Agreements that are frequently the subject of post completion claims, how different liability regimes under the Sale and Purchase Agreement can impact on claims, the availability of statutory claims, and the use of warranty and indemnity insurance. The discussion will then move to procedural and substantive issues involved in pursuing and defending such claims, including the implications of warranty and indemnity insurance.
Topics covered will include:
- Discussion of the role of representations and warranties in a sale and purchase context
- Outline of the most common claims and learnings from case law
- Discussion on types of liability and limiting that liability
- Explanation of warranty and indemnity insurance
- Analysis of warranty claims, including questions of breach, causation and loss
- Procedural considerations and claims strategy
- Overview of potential risks and pitfalls for lawyers.
By attending this webinar you will gain:
- A better understanding of how to best structure Sale and Purchase Agreements.
- Practical tips on how to manage risks for your clients.
- Knowledge on what to do when warranties are breached.
Who should attend
Intermediate company/commercial lawyers, civil litigators, in-house counsel, general practitioners, insurance and property lawyers.
- Marika Eastwick-Field, Partner, Russell McVeagh, Auckland
- David Raudkivi, Partner, Russell McVeagh, Auckland
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Use the multiple registration button below or Click here
- Webinar 11.00am - 12.30pm Wednesday 17 March 2021
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 16 March 2021
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration eight
working days in advance of an event, and you will receive a refund less a 25%
administration fee. If you cancel less than eight
working days in advance of the event, no refund is payable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person. If you wish to do so you must advise CLE in writing of the change. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to close registrations, and, cancel or reschedule an event as necessary. Where an event is cancelled by CLE, a full refund is payable.