Trusts are a popular way of managing assets and protecting property and have proliferated in New Zealand with some well managed and others less so. Adding to the complexity is the New Trusts Act 2019 which comes into force on 30 January 2021 with important changes including the information that needs to be provided to beneficiaries.
This webinar will consider some of the key common issues that the presenters are experiencing when litigating in this area and also some ideas on how to solve them.
Topics covered will include:
- Access to trust information
- Claims for constructive trusts over express trusts
- Conflicts of interest
- Corporate trustees and common issues
- Directions applications
- Invalid trusts
- Procedure for litigating claims involving trusts and trustee conduct in litigation
- Trustee removal.
By attending this webinar you will:
- Understand current trust issues, how they arise, and how to avoid them.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the relevant case law in this fast-developing area.
- Appreciate how the Trusts Act 2019 could impact on disputes.
Who should attend
All civil litigators, from junior to senior, and other practitioners who specialise in trust law, or advise clients on trust or asset planning.
- Janna McGuigan, Barrister, Bankside Chambers/Canterbury Chambers, Auckland/Christchurch
- Shane Campbell, Partner, Wynn Williams, Christchurch
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Use the multiple registration button below or Click here
- Webinar 11.00am - 12.30pm Wednesday 3 February 2021
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 2 February 2021
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration eight
working days in advance of an event, and you will receive a refund less a 25%
administration fee. If you cancel less than eight
working days in advance of the event, no refund is payable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person. If you wish to do so you must advise CLE in writing of the
change. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to close registrations, and, cancel or reschedule an event as necessary. Where an event is cancelled by CLE, a full refund is payable.