Building on a session at the Auckland CPD Day in February this year, this webinar will consider the key practical tax issues currently facing lawyers, including new tax rules introduced in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and following the change of Government. It will also summarise current AML/CFT issues, look at the lessons learnt from the independent audit cycle, and provide an analysis of the Exemption Regulations.
This webinar will include:
Two of the important specialist subjects often needed by practitioners – Tax and AML/CFT.
Discussion on, the pace of change in New Zealand’s income tax and GST regimes is enormous. There are many changes (some as a response to COVID) which practitioners need to be aware of, including purchase price allocations, tax loss carry forward rules and employee share schemes, which frequently arise in practice.
AML/CFT issues, which continue to be of immense importance to practitioners in their day-to-day interactions with clients. This webinar will update practitioners in relation to current issues, including exemption regulations and lessons learnt from the recent independent audit cycle.
An overall presentation, that will keep practitioners up to speed in these two specialist areas, for the benefit of practitioners, their law firms, and their clients.
As a result of attending this webinar, you will:
- Find out about key changes to tax law policy and interpretation.
- Learn about current AML/CFT developments and best practice.
- Gain a deeper understanding as the emphasis will be on practical, useful information which you can apply for your firm’s and your clients’ benefit.
Who should attend
All practice and experience levels.
- Neil Russ, Director, Russ + Associates, Auckland
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Use the multiple registration button below or Click here
- Webinar 11.00am - 12.00pm Monday 12 April 2021
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Friday 9 April 2021
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration eight
working days in advance of an event, and you will receive a refund less a 25%
administration fee. If you cancel less than eight
working days in advance of the event, no refund is payable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person. If you wish to do so you must advise CLE in writing of the change. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to close registrations, and, cancel or reschedule an event as necessary. Where an event is cancelled by CLE, a full refund is payable.