Winning the case is only part of the battle. Once the Court has ruled in favour of your client, there are still a number of steps required so that your client can enjoy the fruits of their victory and actually achieve their objectives. Awareness of the enforcement processes and their limitations is an important part of advising clients on whether and how to pursue litigation, but can often be overlooked until it is too late.
This webinar will discuss the key features of different types of judgments. It will outline some of options for enforcing them, including the enforcement provisions in the District Court Rules and the High Court Rules. It will provide practical guidance on the steps that you can take to strengthen your client’s position.
Topics covered will include:
- Different types of judgments
- Methods of obtaining and challenging judgments
- Sealing the judgment
- Interest under the Interest on Money Claims Act 2016
- Enforcement of non-monetary orders and contempt
- Enforcement of orders to pay money, including insolvency processes, charging orders, orders for examination, sale/possession orders and other options.
By attending this webinar you will:
- Better understand how judgments are treated at law and the steps required to obtain an enforceable judgment.
- Increase your knowledge of the options available under the District and High Court Rules, and how these are applied in practice.
- Be able to advise your clients more effectively at the outset of a possible dispute and following judgment.
Who should attend
- Toby Braun, Braun Bond & Lomas, Hamilton
- Kevin Glover, Shortland Chambers, Auckland
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Use the multiple registration button below or Click here
- Webinar 11.00am - 12.30pm Wednesday 24 March 2021
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 23 March 2021
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration eight
working days in advance of an event, and you will receive a refund less a 25%
administration fee. If you cancel less than eight
working days in advance of the event, no refund is payable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person. If you wish to do so you must advise CLE in writing of the change. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to close registrations, and, cancel or reschedule an event as necessary. Where an event is cancelled by CLE, a full refund is payable.