Health and safety issues constitute major risks to many clients’ businesses and to their people. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many issues to the forefront for Government policy and regulatory authority consideration.
This webinar will review recent WorkSafe prosecution cases, consider changes envisaged by Government to health and safety legislation, and explore legal issues the risks that continue to be presented by COVID-19.
Topics covered will include:
- First officer prosecutions
- Corporate manslaughter
- COVID-19 related employment law and health and safety issues including worker vaccination.
After this webinar you will:
- Understand some practical issues arising in workplace prosecutions, and likely changes to the law.
- Gain an increased awareness of COVID-19 focused health and safety and employment law issues.
Who should attend
All practitioners dealing with health and safety law including: in-house counsel; defence lawyers; insurance and employment specialists; union officials; HR practitioners; employers, and senior management.
- Greg Cain, Dentons Kensington Swan, Wellington
- Michael Hargreaves, WorkSafe New Zealand, Wellington
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Use the multiple registration button below or Click here
- Webinar 11.00am - 12.30pm Monday 29 March 2021
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Friday 26 March 2021
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration eight
working days in advance of an event, and you will receive a refund less a 25%
administration fee. If you cancel less than eight
working days in advance of the event, no refund is payable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person. If you wish to do so you must advise CLE in writing of the change. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to close registrations, and, cancel or reschedule an event as necessary. Where an event is cancelled by CLE, a full refund is payable.