The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) scheme introduced a completely “no fault” approach to personal injuries. This webinar is aimed at beginning to mid-level practitioners either contemplating or already practising in this key area.
The presenters will address the fundamentals to help ensure that you are able to provide your clients with robust advice that enables them to navigate the subtleties and complexities of the ACC scheme.
In particular, the webinar will cover:
- A brief introduction to ACC
- What is ACC work
- Case studies illustrating the benefit to the client of having a lawyer involved
– Occupational diseases
– Treatment of injuries
– Historical sexual abuse
- What are the costs involved? – medical report (and how do you get a medical report)
- How is it paid for?
After this webinar you will:
- Have a better understanding of ACC work and the types of cases you could be involved with.
- Understand the costs that can be incurred.
- Feel more confident with giving advice to clients.
Who should attend
All lawyers who want to learn about ACC work including civil litigation and employment practitioners.
- Hazel Armstrong, Partner, Armstrong Thompson, Wellington
- Peter Sara, Peter Sara Lawyer, Dunedin
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Use the multiple registration button below or Click here
- Webinar 11.00am - 12.00pm Wednesday 10 March 2021
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 9 March 2021
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration eight
working days in advance of an event, and you will receive a refund less a 25%
administration fee. If you cancel less than eight
working days in advance of the event, no refund is payable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person. If you wish to do so you must advise CLE in writing of the change. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to close registrations, and, cancel or reschedule an event as necessary. Where an event is cancelled by CLE, a full refund is payable.