The law of torts continues to evolve at a fast pace and it is important that you are up-to-date as possible. This practical seminar will focus on the most important recent cases and what those cases mean for your clients’ cases, and how you can better argue those cases on their behalf.
This seminar will consider what is happening in the world of torts including a brief practical review of the theory that is driving recent cases.
- Developments in negligence – here and abroad
- Challenges to Accident Compensation
- Defamation, the Internet and harmful communications
- Nuisance and trespass
- Vicarious liability
By attending this seminar/webinar you will:
- Acquire sound up-to-date knowledge of recent developments in the law of torts.
- Gain understanding of the practical consequences of those developments.
Who should attend
All civil litigators and general practitioners with an interest in torts.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Andrew Barker QC, Barrister, Shortland Chambers, Auckland
- Professor Geoff McLay, Faculty of Law, Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington
- Seminar: The presenter will share practical advice, providing opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Webinar: A condensed 2 hour version of this seminar will be presented by live webinar.
- 1.00pm - 5.00pm Seminar
- 9.30am - 11.30am Webinar
- Live webinar registration closes - 3.00pm, Wednesday 18 September 2019
Fee (Incl GST)
- $255 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $305 - Non-members
- $205 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $255 - Non-members
- 2+1 registrations and study groups click here for more info
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Cancellation & refund policy
If written notice of cancellation of a registration arrives before the day of the seminar we will refund the registration fee, less the cost of the booklet and less an administration fee of $75. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars if necessary.
Live webinar - CPD
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.