Contract law is at the heart of commercial law and practice. A sound up-to-date knowledge of the area is essential for all lawyers.
This seminar will cover recent court decisions and legislative changes in a practical way. It will also cover the following areas of contract law:
- Formation (including arbitration agreements)
- Implied terms
- Mistake, misrepresentation
- Unfair contract terms
- The assessment of damages
- Legislative developments.
In addition to reviewing recent New Zealand developments, the seminar will consider decisions from other common law jurisdictions such as Australia and the United Kingdom, which are likely to be relevant to contract law in New Zealand.
After attending you will have:
- Up-to-date knowledge of recent developments in contract law.
- An understanding of the practical consequences of those developments.
Who should attend
All general practitioners, property and commercial lawyers, and litigators.
Materials / Technical Specs
A background booklet written by the presenter will be sent to participants before the seminar/webinar. For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Seminar: The presenter will share practical advice, providing opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Webinar: A condensed 1.5 hour version of this seminar will be presented by live webinar.
- Seminar: 2.00pm - 5.00pm
- Webinar: 11.00am - 12.30pm - registrations close 3pm 14 March
- Paul David QC, Eldon Chambers, Auckland
Fee (incl GST)
- $255 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $305 - Non-members
- $205 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $255 - Non-members
- 2+1 registrations and study groups click here for more info
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
Download PDF brochure and registration form here.
Cancellation and refund policy
If written notice of cancellation of a registration arrives before the day of the seminar we will refund the registration fee, less the cost of the booklet and less an administration fee of $75. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars if necessary.
Live webinar - CPD
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.