New Zealand’s new and updated legislation has passed through Parliament and will come into effect on 1 December this year. The Privacy Act 2020 ushers in a new legal framework for the protection of personal information including a new mandatory privacy breach notification scheme.
The presenters will help ensure that you have a strong understanding of the changes on a practical level and are able to provide your clients with robust advice on privacy-related matters.
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to the Privacy Act 2020 and key changes in the Act
- Mandatory privacy breach notification
- Access directions
- Compliance and enforcement – including new criminal offences
- The new principle 12 – cross-border disclosures
What you need to have in place before 1 December 2020.
By attending this webinar you will be:
- Familiar with the key changes in the Privacy Act 2020.
- Aware of what needs to be in place by 1 December 2020.
Who should attend
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- John Edwards, Privacy Commissioner, Wellington
- Joanna Hayward, General Counsel, Office of the Privacy Commissioner, Wellington
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar 11.00am - 12.30pm Wednesday 18 November 2020
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 17 November 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.