Class action proceedings and the use of litigation funding are relatively new features of the New Zealand legal landscape and continue to grow in prominence. This webinar will provide an overview of class action proceedings and consider some of the common issues that can arise during them.
This webinar will take a practical approach to help ensure that you understand the basics of the class action proceedings and the issues that can arise, whichever party you are advising.
Topics covered will include:
- Background to class actions in New Zealand
- Recent procedural experience with class actions
- Third party litigation funding considerations
- Other practical issues, including disclosure security for costs and settlement.
After this webinar you will:
- Have a better understanding of class action proceedings.
- Understand the basics of third party litigation funding and the considerations that arise.
- Be aware of the practical issues that can arise in class action proceedings.
Who should attend
Company/commercial lawyers and civil litigators.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Chris Curran, Partner, Russell McVeagh, Wellington
- Kirsten Massey, Partner, Russell McVeagh, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar 11.00am - 12.30pm Wednesday 9 September 2020
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 8 September 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.