COVID-19 has brought to the fore issues around the executing of wills, the Government has issued an Order which amends the law relating to the signing of wills while an Epidemic Notice is in place.
For wills not signed in accordance with the Order practitioners need to ensure that these issues are addressed for their clients in a timely fashion after “lockdown” has concluded.
This webinar will take a practical approach in examining COVID-19 related issues in this area and also address best practice for validating wills generally in ensuring that all legal requirements are met.
In particular the presenters will discuss:
- The three different types of wills made during COVID-19 levels
- Validation best practice
- Case law developments
- Practical Validation examples and scenarios
- Implications and issues in relation to the Modification Order
- Mandate for change and future in this space.
By attending this webinar you will:
- Be provided with a tool-box to deal with Validation cases.
- Gain an understanding of the issues of the validation of wills – especially in relation to “proximity”.
- Gain insight into issues that may arise with wills formed during the various COVID-19 levels.
Who should attend
Civil litigators, family, property, and trusts and estates lawyers.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Theresa Donnelly, Legal Services Manager, Perpetual Guardian, Auckland
- Henry Stokes, General Counsel, Perpetual Guardian, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Wednesday 17 June 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.