Living and working overseas is a New Zealand way of life. Add being a beneficiary of a New Zealand trust, and the complications start.
The reach of global tax authorities is great and the tax implications, depending on where the beneficiary resides, or has resided, can be onerous and complicated not only for the beneficiaries but for the trustees, executors, and lawyers. The tax
treatment of distributions can vary widely from the New Zealand treatment.
Terry will make sense of this for you by examining these issues, the potential potholes for your clients and what can be done to mitigate the potential impact. He will steer you on the right course of action in different jurisdictions such as Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
After this webinar you will have:
- A greater understanding of the potential tax impact on your clients as beneficiaries of an NZ trust if they:
– Have lived and/or worked overseas.
– Are currently living and/or working overseas.
Who should attend
Family, taxation, and trusts and estates practitioners.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Terry Baucher, Baucher Consulting Ltd, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Wednesday 19 February 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.