This presentation will provide a framework for, and look at the fundamentals of, advising clients who are considering moving into a retirement village.
This refresher webinar will look at topical issues and consider the common questions your clients should be asking before moving into a retirement village.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of the legislative framework in New Zealand
- What you need to be aware of when advising your client about moving into a retirement village
- How to identify key issues for your client when reviewing an Occupation Right Agreement (ORA) and disclosure statement
- Your responsibilities when certifying an ORA.
After this webinar you will be able to:
- Understand the key terms to be aware of in village documents.
- Have greater knowledge and understanding of some of the key issues for intending residents when entering a retirement village.
- Confidently advise prospective residents.
Who should attend
Private client practitioners, family lawyers, property lawyers, trusts/estate lawyers.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Michelle Burke - Partner, Anthony Harper, Auckland
- Elizabeth Rowe - Senior Associate, MinterEllisonRuddWatts, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Wednesday 11 March 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.