This webinar has postponed until 8 June - registrations are open, see below
In a rapidly changing legal, professional and commercial landscape, although the fundamental principles of professional indemnity insurance law are well established, it is important for practitioners to keep abreast of developments and case law.
Topics covered will include:
- Overview of a professional indemnity policy, including:
− scope of cover
− recklessness exclusions/reasonable care conditions
− remedies for breach, cancellation
– Taylor v Asteron Life Ltd
- Insurance issues in leaky building claims
- Issues for insured defendants:
− association with an insurer
− defence costs cover
− costs liability of insurers
− disclosure of policies
- Recent case law in New Zealand, Australia and United Kingdom.
After this webinar you will come away with:
- A broad understanding of how professional indemnity policies work.
- Awareness of current issues in professional indemnity insurance law.
Who should attend
Practitioners of all levels with an interest in civil litigation and insurance.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Andrea Challis - Partner, McElroys, Auckland
- Kiri Harkess - Partner, McElroys, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Friday 5 June 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.