The much-anticipated Trusts Act 2019 comes into force on 30 January 2021 with fundamental changes for practitioners working in this area including information that must be provided by trustees to beneficiaries of family trusts. This four-part webinar series ‘New Trusts Act’ will consist of:
Missed webinars in the series? Purchase the series package and you will receive access to all of the online cpd modules for any webinars already held, and live access for any webinars to follow!
Webinar 2 - New Trusts Act - Duties of Trustees
This webinar will provide an overview of the key changes that you need to be aware of when advising your settlor/trustee clients including: mandatory and default duties for trustees; and understanding the presumption of beneficiary access to “basic trust information”.
Topics covered will include:
- Core principles behind the Act
- Core documents – what are they?
- Removal of trustees including LINZ requirements
- Trustee powers – delegation
- Exemption clauses
- Trustee duties.
By attending this webinar you will:
- Gain an understanding of the scope of the key practical issues arising from the key changes to trust law as a result of the Trusts Act and changes you may need to make.
- Improve your knowledge, so you can provide advice to clients and anticipate potential issues.
Who should attend
All property and family lawyers who are involved with trusts & estates and Legal Executives.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Chris Kelly, Greg Kelly Law, Wellington
- Colette Mackenzie, Greg Kelly Law, Wellington
Fee (Incl GST)
Webinar Series (1x online cpd + 3x webinars + PDF books)
- $364 – NZLS members and NZLS Associate members
- $424 – Non-members
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar 2 - 11.00am - 12.30pm Wednesday 24 June
- Registration closes for webinar 2 - 3.00pm, Tuesday 23 June 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.