Meetings, called, run and minutes as required by law are fundamental in business, government and the community, but their general requirements are too frequently ignored. Mark will outline the essential procedural elements for having a well-run meeting and discuss how to navigate some common issues.
Often what you know about running and participating in meetings is only learnt by experience, and not all meetings are well-run.
This webinar provides the essentials for calling and running a meeting in accordance with the generally accepted principles of meeting procedure.
Topics covered will include:
- Meeting agendas
- Proxies and quorums
- Framing and processing motions and amendments
- Strategies for the Chair to maintain order
- Dealing with disorder
- How to be an effective meeting participant
- Meeting minutes – content and formalities.
After this webinar you will:
- Be aware of the best meeting practices and processes for formal meetings.
- Understand how to be an effective meeting participant and the role of a good Chair.
- Be able to anticipate and deal with “disorder”.
Who should attend
Practitioners who would like to become more confident participating in and chairing meetings and legal executives who provide invaluable assistance.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenter is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Mark von Dadelszen, Bannister & Von Dadelszen, Hawke’s Bay
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar 1 - 11.00am - 12.00pm Monday 15 June
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Friday 12 June 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.