COVID-19 presents major risks to many clients’ businesses and to their people – workers, customers, suppliers and others. Practitioners need to understand the legal issues presented by the virus, and the regulator’s views on what clients need to do.
Understanding WorkSafe’s enforcement strategy is also critical for practitioners advising clients on health and safety issues, as is a good grasp of the alternative sentencing options and related case law trends.
This webinar will outline WorkSafe’s approach to enforcement and regulatory settings, provide an update of the key cases, especially on alternative sentencing options, and will explore the employment and health and safety issues presented by COVID-19.
Topics covered will include:
- WorkSafe’s enforcement strategy
- First reckless conduct case
- Current enforcement issues – particularly alternative sentencing options
- COVID-19 – what are the employment law and health and safety issues, and what’s the view of the regulator?
By attending this webinar you will:
- Gain an understanding of WorkSafe’s approach to enforcement issues and the COVID-19 virus.
- Understand current enforcement trends and recent case law developments, and the legal issues arising in relation to COVID-19.
Who should attend
All practitioners dealing with health and safety law including: in-house counsel; defence lawyers; insurance & employment specialists; union officials; HR practitioners; employers, and senior management.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you at a later date - we are currently unable to get any hard copies printed - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Greg Cain, Partner, Dentons Kensington Swan, Wellington
- Michael Hargreaves, General Manager, WorkSafe New Zealand, Wellington
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 21 April 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.