Earthquake events in the last decade have increased the awareness of seismic-related risks in New Zealand. Changes to legislation and the way in which building earthquake ratings are assessed mean that seismic risks are now a key consideration for all building owners and occupiers. It is increasingly important that practitioners in the area understand the law and can offer practical advice on the issues involved.
This webinar will help you understand the law and some issues relating to earthquake standards and commercial buildings.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of the legislative framework in New Zealand and recent changes
- Key considerations when advising clients about commercial property decisions - buying, selling or leasing
- Identify key risks and how best to mitigate/ manage these
- Potential other emerging factors.
By attending this webinar you will gain an:
- Understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements as they relate to commercial property ownership and transactions.
- Appreciation of the challenges and opportunities presented by earthquake risks and requirements.
- Appreciation of the differing market perspectives and ways to navigate these to find solutions.
Who should attend
Commercial property lawyers, litigators, and conveyancing and general practitioners advising building owners, local authorities, developers and tenants.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Richard Chung, Partner, PwC Real Estate, Wellington
- Doran Wyatt, Partner, Greenwood Roche, Wellington
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Monday 30 March 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.