Following on from a popular session at the 2019 Construction Law Intensive, Anna and Polly will consider some of the key developments in the law of penalties and the practical implications for your clients.
This webinar will focus on developments affecting the interpretation and drafting of construction contracts in New Zealand.
Topics covered will include:
After this webinar you will be aware of:
- The enforceability of liquidated damages clauses.
- Decisions on the interpretation of standard form termination clauses and the interpretation of popular special conditions.
- Possible legislative inroads into freedom of contract in the commercial context.
Who should attend
All building and construction lawyers and civil litigators advising clients on construction contracts.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Anna Crosbie, Partner, Russell McVeagh, Auckland
- Polly Pope, Partner, Russell McVeagh, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 18 February 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.