Practitioners and legal executives can add real value for their clients by providing proactive and practical advice to both vendors and purchasers regarding the scope and application of the vendor warranties in the Agreement for Sale and Purchase – prior to the signing of the agreement and when potential breaches arise, before or on settlement.
This webinar will cover the scope of the following vendor warranties:
- The vendor’s warranties in cl 7 of the ADLS Agreement for Sale and Purchase of Real Estate (Tenth Edition 2019) including warranties relating to:
– Disclosure of notices, demands, outstanding requisitions, consents and waivers at the date of the agreement
– Knowledge of proceedings at the date of the agreement
– The working order of non-operational and operational items at settlement
– Consents having been obtained for work done on the property and compliance with those consents
– Building Act compliance.
- The warranties in:
– Clause 14.0 – relating to zero rating
– Clause 15.0 – relating to the supply of a going concern.
- Circumstances under cl 10.2(1) where the purchaser may make a claim for compensation.
By attending this webinar you will:
- Gain an understanding of the scope of the Vendor warranties in the ADLS Agreement for Sale and Purchase of Real Estate, Tenth Edition.
- Improve your knowledge so you can provide advice to clients to anticipate issues before they arise and gain practical skills to deal with them as they arise.
Who should attend
All practitioners and legal executives who deal with the sale and purchase of property.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Barbara McDermott, Partner, Norris Ward McKinnon, Hamilton
- Gill Whinray, Associate, Norris Ward McKinnon, Hamilton
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 10 March 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.