Anti-money laundering and countering financing of terrorism rules have applied to lawyers since July 2018. In the period between then and now law firms have had to make important operational changes to ensure compliance, submit an annual report, and undergo an independent audit.
Many of the original issues have been dealt with, but many still remain. Law firms are now finding that the audit process is as challenging as implementing the regime for their practices.
The objective of this webinar is to recap the core obligations of lawyers under the AML/CFT regime, discuss recent DIA guidance and other developments in the interpretation and application of the rules, and to provide practical tips to help law firms to get through the independent audit process, and to save money.
In particular, the webinar will cover:
- Recent DIA publications and guidance
- A case law update, and “red flags” all practitioners should be aware of
- What to expect in an independent audit, including pre-audit strategies, choice of auditor, cost-saving tips, and dealing with negative audit findings.
After this webinar you will have a better understanding of the:
- DIA guidance regarding the interpretation and application of rules.
- Independent audit process and strategies for dealing with them.
Who should attend
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you at a later date - we are currently unable to get any hard copies printed - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Henry Brandts-Giesen, Partner, Dentons Kensington Swan, Auckland
- Neil Russ, Director, Russ + Associates, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 9 June 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.