Currently, a high percentage of amalgamation applications are being rejected because of, often, simple drafting errors.
This webinar will outline the key common errors that the New Zealand Companies Office in Auckland are encountering and will consider some effective ways to avoid your applications being rejected. It will provide practical tips to assist you in reviewing your documentation before submission and supply compliant wording for you to update your short-form amalgamation templates for future use.
In particular, this webinar will cover:
- Drafting of director(s) certificates and resolutions
- Common errors and how to avoid them
- Using and referring to obsolete legislation
- Dealing with changes of company name, directors, and the cancelling of shares
- What to check prior to submitting your documents
- Submitting applications online
- Where to find amalgamation checklist materials on the Companies Office website.
After this webinar you will be:
- Aware of the common errors and how to avoid them.
- Aware of what to check before submitting an application.
Who should attend
All bank/finance and company/commercial practitioners and in-house counsel.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Calantha Juneja, Senior Solicitor, NZ Companies Office, MBIE, Auckland
- David Josland, Senior Solicitor, NZ Companies Office, MBIE, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Monday 10 February 2020
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.