The need to recognise and provide for differing roles and responsibilities when acting for bodies corporate, owners and others involved in strata law matters. What ethical issues may arise? Are you up to date with the latest strata law ethical responsibilities?
Our cities are intensifying and strata title, a form of legal ownership devised for multi-level apartment blocks and horizontal subdivisions with shared areas, is becoming an increasingly important component of the property landscape. This webinar will address a number of strata ethical issues including:
- Current New Zealand law
- Rules of professional conduct relating to conflicts of interest with particular reference to strata law matters
- Key cases
- Typical issues experienced in this area of law
- Suggested solutions.
This webinar will examine key scenarios in this area and consider potential solutions.
After this webinar you will:
- Have a greater understanding of the requirements of strata ethical legal issues.
- Be aware of the ethical legal issues, the effect of them and the need to provide advice with a consciousness of these issues.
Who should attend
All practitioners with an involvement in strata law administration and practice.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Anthony C Hughes-Johnson QC, Christchurch
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 27 August 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.