Getting the billing process right can be extremely challenging and is often seen as a negative aspect of professional life. It is essential that you foster and maintain good relationships with your clients and avoid the pitfalls. This webinar will help you turn the “negatives” around fees and billing into “positives”.
This webinar will help you with your billing process by ensuring familiarity with the regulatory environment and will maximise your opportunity to achieve good results for yourself and your client.
Topics covered will include:
- Structuring costs
- Current trends in effective fee-charging practices
- Alternatives to time costing
- Rule 9.1 fee factors
- Lessons learned in the disciplinary arena concerning overcharging and wrongful fee-charging practices.
After this webinar you will:
- Be aware of common issues that can arise when communicating billing information to clients.
- Know about trends in payment arrangements and fee structuring.
- Be able to effectively manage client expectations.
- Understand the regulatory environment.
Who should attend
All lawyers and practice managers.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Paul Collins, Barrister, Shortland Chambers, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 20 August 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.