Lately, there have been many highly publicised seizures of high value goods at the same time as a “drug bust”. This last tranch of the AML/CFT legislation is set to stop the purchase of such goods using ill-gotten cash.
Phase 2 of the AML/CFT Act extended the regime to include high value dealers with the associated regulations coming into effect on 1 August this year. The presenters will take a practical approach in helping you understand these regulations. In particular they will identify and discuss:
- Who is considered to be a “high value dealer”, who is not
- What are “high value goods”
- What is the threshold
- What is “cash”
- What are the compliance obligations of high value dealers.
Attend this webinar to determine which of your clients are high value dealers and the regulations apply to, and what steps they have to take in order to meet their obligations, or to seek an exemption.
By attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify who are high value dealers, what are high value goods, and what is “cash”.
- Identify the steps they need to take to meet their obligations.
- Confidently advise your high value dealer clients.
Who should attend
All lawyers, especially those who potentially have high value dealers as clients.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Henry Brandts-Giesen, Partner, Kensington Swan, Auckland
- Neil Russ, Director, Russ + Associates, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Wednesday 31 July 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.