If one of your clients asks you about Advance Care Planning, Advance Directives or living wills, do you have a thorough understanding of the legal framework that underpins them? Do you understand the relevance to your client group, regardless of age, and what systems exist in New Zealand to best support their creation, sharing and use?
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is a process of discussion and shared planning for future health care. ACP is becoming an increasingly common discussion between medical teams and their patients. This webinar will introduce ACP, consider its value for clients and their whānau and will draw on a number of practical and case law examples.
- Legal frameworks, including the use of advance directives and the interplay with living wills and enduring powers of attorney
- The framework for medical decision making in New Zealand and where Advance Care Plans and Advance Directives sit within this framework
- Implementation of Advance Care Plans across the country
- Key tips and tricks to consider in your practice.
After this webinar you will be able to describe:
- What Advance Care Planning is.
- Why it is important.
- The process for creating an ACP.
Who should attend
All civil litigation, family, health, trusts and estates and elder law lawyers.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Jane Goodwin, Canterbury Initiative Advance Care Planning Facilitator, Christchurch Hospital
- Nick Laing, Senior Associate, Duncan Cotterill, Nelson
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Monday 9 September 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.