Social and demographic changes over the last few decades have meant there are now more relationships between people aged over 55. With the likely mix of separate and relationship property, plus adult children and extended families, there can be tricky issues when these relationships break down. Practitioners need to understand these complexities and have a range of workable options to offer older clients.
This webinar will take a practical approach in considering some of the key issues that can arise in separation cases when older clients are involved.
Topics covered will include:
- Classification of property
- Exception to equal sharing (s 13) applications
- Rest home subsidies
- Determination of relationship status
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Conflict of interest
- Pre-nups and mid-nups
- Separating joint tenancy.
After this webinar you will have:
- Greater confidence in identifying relationship property issues for older clients.
- Key strategies for navigating the range of circumstances older clients may present.
Who should attend
All family lawyers and property lawyers dealing with older clients.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Sarah Bee, Partner, Saunders & Co, Christchurch
- Ewan Eggleston, Barrister, Tauranga
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Wedensday 26 June 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.