What’s fact and what’s fiction? What legislation has been passed and what is proposed? Are you sure that you are up-to-date with the latest landlord responsibilities?
Many of your clients own residential rental properties and the obligations of residential landlords have changed, and more changes are proposed. This webinar will provide an overview of requirements and obligations for landlords and then discuss the recent legislative changes, in particular:
- What can be rented as a residence
- Tenancy agreements
- Landlord responsibilities
- Landlord access
- Insulation and heating requirements
- Property maintenance, including smoke alarms
- Tenants’ rights and responsibilities
- Tenancy Tribunal.
The presenters will also discuss the proposed changes and what effect these may have on both landlords and tenants, including:
- Insurance implications
- Tenant’s liability for damage
- Unlawful residential premises
- Methamphetamine contamination.
After this webinar you will:
- Have a greater understanding of the requirements and obligations of landlords.
- Be aware of the proposed changes and the effect of them.
Who should attend
All practicioners whose clients own residential rental properties.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Claire Leadbetter, Ministry of Housing & Urban Development, Wellington
- Lofi Talimalo, Senior Advisor, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 26 February 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.