The landscape of relationship property is ever-changing as relationships and property structures become increasingly complex. It is important for practitioners to be aware of these developments.
This webinar will consider recent developments in the area of relationship property, including:
- A practical guide to applying the principles set out in the recent Supreme Court decision of Scott v Williams to your client’s advantage
- Developments arising in discovery and interim distributions in light of the Court of Appeal decision in Biggs v Biggs, and
- The increasing acceptance by the courts of the application of s 13 (extraordinary circumstances) following separation in “later in life” relationships.
This is an engaging and constantly evolving area of the law. Attending this webinar will help ensure that you are able to provide your clients with robust advice on these issues.
After this webinar you will:
- Understand what practical strategies to use from Scott v Williams in assesing economic disparity.
- Recognise the extent of discovery that is appropriate in the relationship property context.
- Know when s 13 applies and how to utilise it for your client’s benefit.
Who should attend
All family practitioners, particularly those dealing with relationship property.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Sharon Chandra, Turner Hopkins, North Shore City
- Antonia Fisher QC, O’Connell Street Barristers, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Wednesday 20 March 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.