A buoyant economy has seen mortgagee sales activity reduce over the last few years. However, pressure in some parts of the economy means that the number of mortgagee sales is starting to increase. With the possibility of the economy softening, practitioners need to be prepared to deal with a further increase in mortgagee sales activities.
Knowing how to effectively manage mortgagee sales is essential for achieving positive results for clients. This webinar will help you guide your client to the best possible realisation outcome.
This webinar will cover the rules underpinning the mortgagee sales process. It will also provide guidance on how best to run a sales process and deal with competing interests.
Topics covered will include:
- Forms of notice
- Common sale traps including creditor’s claims
- Dealing with caveats and other interests
- Duty of care
- Mortgagee in possession
- Sales by a second mortgagee.
After this webinar you will be able to:
- Understand the relative strength of the other creditor’s claims.
- Be able to advise clients on issues impacting the sale and purchase of a mortgaged property.
Who should attend
Commercial and property lawyers who from time to time deal with mortgagee sales.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Mark Hopkinson, Glaister Ennor, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Monday 20 May 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.