Although the economy is generally performing well, a number of sectors are still under significant financial pressure. As a result, insolvency law has not been standing still. The last four years have seen a number of significant developments in the insolvency landscape – through the determination of landmark court cases, legislative developments and new regulatory regimes.
Having a good understanding of these recent developments and the market factors which are increasingly influencing formal insolvencies is key to ensuring you can provide practical and pragmatic advice to your clients on any insolvency issues which may arise.
This webinar will consider some of the key recent developments and discuss how they will impact your clients both in an insolvency context and in their day-to-day business operations.
Topics covered will include:
- The new retentions regime for the construction industry
- Developments in corporate rescue
- Voidable transactions
- Actions by liquidators against directors and advisors
- Ponzi schemes
- Practical implications of the proposed regulation of insolvency practitioners.
After this webinar you will be:
- Informed and up-to-date on the key contemporary issues in business insolvencies.
- Able to provide pragmatic and practical advice to clients dealing with insolvency related issues.
Who should attend
All general commercial lawyers and in particular, those advising company directors and creditiors.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Rachel Pinny, Thorndon Chambers, Wellington
- Marcus McMillan, PwC, Wellington
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Wednesday 6 March 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.