Insurance is an important factor in most commercial and property transactions. Many aspects of insurance law have been evolving rapidly in recent years. Legislative reform is also now likely.
This webinar will examine current issues associated with professional indemnity insurance, subrogation claims, and the implications stemming from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s insurance law reform project.
Following the webinar you’ll come away with a broad understanding of recent insurance law developments as well as the direction of likely future law reform in this area.
Topics covered will include:
- The key legislative provisions governing New Zealand insurance law
- Liability insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Third party claims
- The upcoming reform of New Zealand insurance law.
After this webinar you will:
- Be up to date with the latest developments and be able to effectively advise clients on a range of insurance law issues.
Who should attend
Practitioners of all levels with an interest in civil litigation, company/commercial, property and insurance.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Professor Rob Merkin QC, Special Counsel, Duncan Cotterill
- Jonathan Scragg, Partner, Duncan Cotterill, Wellington
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 14 May 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.