Death and illness caused by long term health issues are extremely costly to society. Accordingly, WorkSafe is very focused on health-related risks, and interacts with Persons Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBUs) in a range of areas from asbestos to bullying and sexual harassment.
This webinar will cover PCBUs’ obligations in the health area and examine recent and forthcoming cases on health issues from New Zealand and Australia. It also outlines WorkSafe’s strategic approach for dealing with these issues.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of WorkSafe’s Health and Safety at Work Strategy (focusing on health)
- Practical issues when handling workplace health cases, including asbestos, bullying, fatigue, mental harm and sexual harassment
- The overlap with employment law, in particular in relation to bullying and sexual harassment.
By attending this webinar you will:
- Gain an understanding of WorkSafe’s enforcement approach.
- Understand some practical issues arising in workplace health prosecutions.
Who should attend
All practitioners dealing with health and safety law including: in-house counsel; defence lawyers; insurance & employment specialists; union officials; HR practitioners; employers, and senior management.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Greg Cain, Kensington Swan, Wellington
- Michael Hargreaves, WorkSafe New Zealand, Wellington
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 12 March 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.