As the popularity of apartment living has increased, so have compliance issues in this space. Additional due diligence and advice is required when clients are buying apartments and it is vital that legal advisors get this right.
In this webinar, we will look at key disclosure obligations for unit titles and red flags when advising clients about purchasing or selling unit titled apartments.
In the context of Company Share apartments, we will ensure you are aware of the type of information purchasers might want to request, and the additional steps and documentation that are relevant to these types of apartments.
Topics covered will include:
- Disclosure requirements under the Unit Titles Act 2010
- Long Term Maintenance Plans and different “funds” under the Unit Titles Act
- Issues to look out for – earthquake strengthening, fire upgrades and weathertightness
- Builders reports – how relevant are they for apartments?
- Company Share apartments – things to be aware of.
After this webinar you will:
- Be aware of common issues troubling apartments and Bodies Corporate.
- Be able to advise clients on issues impacting the sale and purchase of apartments.
- Know how much information is necessary prior to signing an Agreement for Sale and Purchase and settlement.
Who should attend
Property practitioners and legal executives.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Laurie Pallett, Senior Registered Legal Executive, Rainey Collins, Wellington
- Claire Tyler, Partner, Rainey Collins, Wellington
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Monday 4 March 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.