Lawyers and conveyancers have needed to be compliant with the AML/CFT Act since 1 July 2018, and now need to be ready to file their first annual report with the Department of Internal Affairs.
This webinar will take a practical approach to preparation and filing of the annual report and to helping practitioners navigate key issues that are emerging, including interpreting “captured activities”, best practice with efficient and effective due diligence, audit requirements and investigations.
Topics covered will include:
- Annual return to DIA – with an emphasis on tricky areas and potential pitfalls
- Independent audit process and providers
- Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Current interpretation issues
- Significant risk issues
- Answers to participants’ questions.
After this webinar you will:
- Be aware of potential issues with the annual DIA return.
- Understand independent audits.
- Be able to apply this knowledge in your practice.
Who should attend
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Henry Brandts-Giesen, Partner, Kensington Swan, Auckland
- Neil Russ, Partner, Buddle Findlay, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Monday 10 June 2019
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.