A strong Charities sector in New Zealand is important to the health of a mature and civilised society and this webinar will help ensure that you are able to provide your clients with effective advice in this area.
This webinar will consider some of the key recent developments including:
- The scope of the pending Charities Act 2005 Review
- “Wholly or mainly” guidance from IRD in respect of donee organisations
- Social enterprise and its increasing impact on the charities sector
- Practical issues faced by charities
- Liability for those governing charities
- The recent case law and the implications for practitioners on a practical level.
By attending this webinar you will:
- Understand the scope of the pending Charities Act 2005 Review.
- Know how to apply the latest IRD guidance.
- Have a better understanding of how social enterprises are impacting the charities sector.
- Consider other developments in this area.
Who should attend
All lawyers, especially those acting for charities or those who are on the governing body of a charitable entity.
Book / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is now available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration.
- Hard Copy - Your book will be posted to you - no extra charge
- PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event - no extra charge
- Both Hard Copy & PDF - You will be emailed a PDF copy of the book 3 working days before the event, and posted the hard copy book - additional $30 charge
For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here
- Ken Lord, Parry Field Lawyers, Christchurch
- Steven Moe, Parry Field Lawyers, Christchurch
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Friday 16 November 2018
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.