When clients are contemplating making their wills, the distribution of assets may make perfect sense to them at that time but issues can quickly emerge upon death.
This webinar will provide an update of the latest cases regarding the Family Protection Act and the Testamentary Promises Act, reflect on some key Property (Relationships) Act issues, and consider the practical implications of these developments for your clients.
To help your clients to avoid issues this webinar will cover:
- The practical fundamentals of estate planning
- Getting to know your client
- Getting good instructions
- What to record and how
- Verifying the information given
– Relationship to will-maker of intended beneficiaries
– Who actually owns the property mentioned in the will (and how consider the impact of joint tenancy vs tenants in common)
– Are there private international law issues (eg domicile of the will-maker)?
- Giving proper advice
- Identify potential claims
- Digital executors
- Regular review of wills
- Cross-border issues.
After this webinar you will be:
- Aware of the latest FPA, TPA and relevant PRA cases.
- Able to help your clients to avoid common issues from arising.
Who should attend
Civil litigation, property, family, trusts and estates practitioners.
Materials / Technical Specs
A background book written by the presenters is now available in hard copy, PDF, or both. Please indicate your choice upon registration. For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Hardcopy or PDF: no extra charge
- Both Hardcopy AND PDF: + $30
- Vicki Ammundsen, Vicki Ammundsen Trust Law, Auckland
- Stephen McCarthy, Barrister, Auckland
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Tuesday 5 June 2018
View PDF brochure and registration form here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.