Registrations open soon - Would you like to be notified when registrations open?
This small group intensive workshop guides you step-by-step through three transactions: a stand-alone fee simple residential dwelling, a cross-lease dwelling and a unit title property.
The course covers how to:
- Deal with matters such as requisitions, undertakings, special conditions, and settlement.
- Use standard forms and procedures, particularly agreements for sale and purchase and land registration documents.
- Distinguish between and become more familiar with various types of titles and different ownership and funding options.
- Recognise and develop file management practices that reduce the chance of error or poor service to clients.
- Apply risk management practices that recognise areas requiring decisions or input from your employing principal, including identifying conflict issues.
- Advice on AML compliance, OIO Residential Land Statements, Authority and Instruction witnessing, Bright-Line and Residential Land Withholding Tax obligations, and tax statements.
You will work through the three case files in a small group as well as in full group discussions. You are required to complete at least two hours of preliminary work before attending.
Who should attend
This course is a must if you are a lawyer, legal executive or litigator with limited practical experience in property law.
- Participants are expected to have completed at least 3-6 months in a legal environment and be familiar with the ADLS standard form agreement for sale and purchase of real estate.
- Places are limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
- Lauchie Griffin, Wakefields Lawyers Ltd, Wellington
- Michael Hofmann-Body, Gillespie Young Watson, Lower Hutt
- Nick Kearney, Davenports Law, Auckland
- Duncan Terris, Terris Legal, Christchurch
- Anita Wan, Anderson Lloyd, Auckland
||11 - 12 July
||25 - 26 July
||8 - 9 August
||22 - 23 August