Registrations open soon - Would you like to be notified when registrations open?
This practical two-day “transaction” based workshop will equip you with the knowledge and understanding to deal with the purchase, establishment, operation and sale of a business.
- Acquiring a business – Understanding the process: initial client interview and purchasing a business to development and implementation of an appropriate structure that meets a client’s needs.
- Funding – Practical considerations and processes involved in common financing arrangements.
- Governance – Practical considerations of common key governance and administration issues.
- Distributions – Identifying the different types of distributions and dealing with common issues arising in connection with returning funds to shareholders.
- Expansion – The issues involved in introducing new owners to the business, and regulating the relationships between shareholders by agreement.
- Shareholder disputes – Your role in assisting clients to resolve disputes among shareholders.
- Financial trouble – Advising companies and directors in situations of financial difficulty and responding to the demands of creditors.
- Sale of shares – The process of, and common issues arising in connection with, sales of company shares.
- Role of the lawyer – Understanding your role in advising business clients; identifying and responding to situations where conflicts of interest may arise.
- Christchurch - Rebecca Green, Ben Johnston
- Wellington - Andrew Leete, Olivia McGregor
- Auckland - Sinead Hart, Raewyn Lovett ONZM, Graeme Switzer, Daniel Wong
||11 - 12 March
||18 - 19 March
||25 - 26 March