This small group intensive workshop guides you step-by-step through three transactions: a stand-alone fee simple residential dwelling, a cross-lease dwelling and a unit title property.
The course covers how to:
- Deal with matters such as requisitions, undertakings, special conditions, and settlement; including remote settlements, partial settlements, timing and other issues commonly encountered.
- Use standard property law forms and procedures, particularly agreements for sale and purchase and land registration documents.
- Distinguish between and become more familiar with various types of titles and different ownership and funding options; including property agreements, inter-family loans, and trusts.
- Recognise and develop file management practices that reduce the chance of error or poor service to clients.
- Apply risk management practices that recognise areas requiring decisions or input from your employing principal, including identifying conflict issues.
- Advise on Authority and Instruction witnessing, Residential Land Withholding Tax obligations, and tax statements.
You are required to complete 2-3 hours of preliminary work before attending. You will then work through the three case files in a small group, tackling each problem as it arises, then coming together in a larger group to discuss solutions.
Who should attend
This course is a must if you are a new lawyer or new to property law. Legal executives dealing with residential property transactions will also benefit significantly, as will litigators who wish to increase their familiarity with property law practice.
- Places are limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
- Participants are expected to have completed at least 3-6 months in a legal environment.
You will receive a manual which covers most aspects of residential property transactions in detail, along with three files of documents and fact situations dealing with a variety of potential and actual problems.
- Day 1: 9.30am – 5.15pm
- Day 2: 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Lauchie Griffin, Wakefields Lawyers Ltd, Wellington
- Nick Kearney, Schnauer and Co, Auckland
- Michelle Moore, Automio, Christchurch
- Duncan Terris, Terris Legal, Christchurch
Fee (incl GST)
- $680 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $730 - Non-members
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
Download PDF brochure and registration form here.
||16 - 17 July
||30 - 31 July
||13 - 14 August
||27 - 28 August
Cancellation and refund policy
Please note: Minimum and maximum numbers apply. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come/first-served basis. Registrations close 10 working days before the presentation date (the closing date). NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to cancel any session that does not reach the budgeted minimum number of registrations. This decision will be made on the closing date and a full refund will be made to each registrant of the cancelled session. If you cancel your registration before the closing date, a refund will be made, less a $100 administration fee. After the closing date, there will be no refund. You may transfer your registration until five working days before the presentation. Please advise NZLS CLE Ltd in writing of the change.
Developed with the support of: