10 September 2021 - Due to the current COVID-19 community outbreak the Residential Property Transactions Hamilton workshop has been rescheduled to:
- Hamilton – 11 – 12 October – Claudelands Event Centre
Existing registrants - your registration will automatically be transferred to the new date - please check your email for full options.
If you have not registered yet, we welcome you to register for the Workshop, registrations remain open below.
This small group intensive workshop guides you step-by-step through three transactions: a stand-alone fee simple residential dwelling, a cross-lease dwelling and a unit title property.
The course covers how to:
- Deal with matters such as requisitions, undertakings, special conditions, and settlement.
- Use standard forms and procedures, particularly agreements for sale and purchase and land registration documents.
- Distinguish between and become more familiar with various types of titles and different ownership and funding options.
- Recognise and develop file management practices that reduce the chance of error or poor service to clients.
- Apply risk management practices that recognise areas requiring decisions or input from your employing principal, including identifying conflict issues.
- Advice on AML compliance, OIO Residential Land Statements, Authority and Instruction witnessing, Bright-Line and Residential Land Withholding Tax obligations, and tax statements.
You will work through the three case files in a small group as well as in full group discussions. You are required to complete at least two hours of preliminary work before attending.
Who should attend
This course is a must if you are a lawyer, legal executive or litigator with limited practical experience in property law.
- Participants are expected to have completed at least 3-6 months in a legal environment and be familiar with the ADLS standard form agreement for sale and purchase of real estate.
- Places are limited so register early to avoid disappointment.
- Lauchie Griffin, Wakefields Lawyers Ltd, Wellington
- Michael Hofmann-Body, Gillespie Young Watson, Lower Hutt
- Nick Kearney, Davenports Law, Auckland
- Duncan Terris, Terris Legal, Christchurch
- Anita Wan, Anderson Lloyd, Auckland
You will receive a manual which covers most aspects of residential property transactions in detail, along with three files of documents and fact situations dealing with a variety of potential and actual problems.
- Day 1: 9.00am – 5.15pm
- Day 2: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Fee (incl GST)
Entry Level Workshop
- $715 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $765 - Non-members
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Use the multiple registration button below or Click here
Download PDF brochure and registration form here.
The Hamilton date differs from that originally advertised
||12 - 13 July
||26 - 27 July
||9 - 10 August
||11 - 12 October
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration eight
working days in advance of an event, and you will receive a refund less a 25%
administration fee. If you cancel less than eight
working days in advance of the event, no refund is payable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person. If you wish to do so you must advise CLE in writing of the change. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to close registrations, and, cancel or reschedule an event as necessary. Where an event is cancelled by CLE, a full refund is payable.
Developed with the support of: