This practical two-day “transaction” based workshop will equip you with the knowledge and understanding to deal with the purchase, establishment, operation and sale of a business.
- Acquiring a business – Understanding the process: initial client interview and purchasing of a business to development and implementation of an appropriate structure that meets a client’s needs.
- Funding – Practical considerations and processes involved in common financing arrangements.
- Governance – Practical considerations of common key governance and administration issues.
- Distributions – Identifying the different types of distributions and dealing with common issues arising in connection with returning funds to shareholders.
- Expansion – The issues involved in introducing new owners to the business, and regulating the relationships between shareholders by agreement.
- Shareholder disputes – Your role in assisting clients to resolve disputes among shareholders.
- Financial trouble – Advising companies and directors in situations of financial difficulty and responding to the demands of creditors.
- Sale of shares – The process of, and common issues arising in connection with, sales of company shares.
- Role of the lawyer – Understanding your role in advising business clients; identifying and responding to situations where conflicts of interest may arise.
You will be equipped with the knowledge and understanding to deal with the purchase, establishment, operation, and sale of a business.
This workshop includes a range of interactive sessions and learning techniques. There is some pre-course work and about two hours of homework on the evening of day one.
Who should attend
Recently admitted practitioners in their first three years of practice.
Participants will be sent materials in advance.
- Day 1: 8.30am – 5.15pm
- Day 2: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Andrew Leete, Tavendale and Partners, Christchurch
- Olivia Macgregor, Tavendale and Partners, Christchurch
- Katie Green, Flacks & Wong, Auckland
- Lisa Small, Duncan Cotterill, Auckland
- Graeme Switzer, Duncan Cotterill, Auckland
- Kimberley Wong, Wynn Williams, Auckland
- Mark Odlin, Buddle Findlay, Christchurch
- Georgina Toomey, LegalVision New Zealand, Christchurch
Fee (incl GST)
Entry Level Workshop
- $695 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $755 - Non-members
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Use the multiple registration button below or Click here
Download PDF brochure and registration form
||1 - 2 November
||1 - 2 November
||8 - 9 November
Cancellation and refund policy
You may cancel your registration eight
working days in advance of an event, and you will receive a refund less a 25%
administration fee. If you cancel less than eight
working days in advance of the event, no refund is payable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person. If you wish to do so you must advise CLE in writing of the change. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to close registrations, and, cancel or reschedule an event as necessary. Where an event is cancelled by CLE, a full refund is payable.