Whether you act for a developer or a buyer, agreements and sales of properties off-the-plans can introduce a myriad of issues. Understanding the logic behind the clauses and requirements, the risks and protections that exist for buyers, and
the way a developer can manage risk through the form of their agreement will benefit your client.
This seminar will help you understand the issues that exist in dealing with off-the-plans transactions whether your clients are buying or selling.
Topics covered will include:
- What can be negotiated – understanding each party’s requirements
- Legislative changes – Unit Titles Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act, Securities Act
- Development funding requirements and their impact on the form of agreement
- Consumer protection for purchasers
- Dealing with deposits.
After attending this seminar/webinar you will have a better understanding of:
- The different perspectives of both the seller and the buyer to the agreement.
- Key issues that warrant addressing in the agreement.
Who should attend
All property practitioners undertaking the sale and/or purchase of off-the-plan agreements. This presentation will be especially beneficial for intermediate practitioners wanting to refine their knowledge base.
Materials / Technical Specs
A background booklet written by the presenter will be sent to participants before the seminar/webinar. For information on what is required to participate in the webinar, click here.
- Seminar: Debra will share practical advice, providing opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Webinar: A condensed 2 hour version of this seminar will be presented by live webinar.
- Seminar: 2.00pm - 5.00pm
- Webinar: 9.30am - 11.30am - registrations close 3pm 16 May
- Debra Dorrington, AlexanderDorrington Auckland
Fee (incl GST)
- $255 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $305 - Non-members
- $205 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $255 - Non-members
- 2+1 registrations and study groups click here for more info
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
Download full brochure and registration details here.
Cancellation and refund policy
If written notice of cancellation of a registration arrives before the day of the seminar we will refund the registration fee, less the cost of the booklet and less an administration fee of $75. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars if necessary.
Live webinar - CPD
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.