Online CPD Module l Booklet l PowerPoint Presentation
Package Fee (incl GST)
- $149 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $179 - Non-members
Note: Access to the online files is via your "My CPD" page. If you would like to purchase multiple packages, please contact us here.
Online CPD Module
Presentation time: 90 minutes
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is United States law which came into effect in New Zealand in July 2014. It has far-reaching implications for the way that New Zealand lawyers conduct their practices.
This module will assist you in considering the implications of FATCA for your practice. Practical steps and advice will be provided to assist you in understanding and meeting the obligations imposed by FATCA on your firm and your clients.
Topics covered will include:
- An introduction to FATCA and a glimpse of the future of intergovernmental information-sharing
- An overview of the Intergovernmental Agreement between the United States and New Zealand Governments in relation to FATCA
- The implications for law firms, their trust accounts and their nominee companies
- Implications for family trusts
- Compliance requirements and consequences of non-compliance
- Selected practical issues.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- Understand the extent to which your firm needs to comply with FATCA requirements.
- Provide practical advice to assist your clients in meeting their obligations under FATCA.
Please contact us if you use a dial up internet connection.
Authors: Tim MacAvoy, Neil Russ
Published: 21 May 2015
There is no introduction for this publication
These are the slides included in the presentation.
Number of Slides: 46